[h-e-w] Apologies for multiple postings

From: michael
Subject: [h-e-w] Apologies for multiple postings
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:39:24 +0100 (BST)

Sorry about recent multiple postings of a partly edited e-mail.

My company recently changed names and has a new domain name, as a
result of which I can't post to the mailing list because my new
e-mail address doesn't match the one I registered.  And at the
moment the mailing list website is down, so I can't change it.

However, we use Exchange Server 5.5 which has a feature that allows
me to work around this problem.  Basically, if you dump a text file
in a certain directory, Exchange will mail it for you, and will
take the hedaer information from the dumped text file.

So I can send e-mail by creating a text file in this directory using
Emacs.  What I forgot was that Emcas regularly autosaves, and every
time it autosaves, Exchange happily e-mails the autosave file...

Sorry.

--
Michael