RE: [h-e-w] Printing

From: Michael Flynn
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Printing
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:24:27 -0700

Thanks.  That did it.

Looking in logs I found the rule.  Here is the log entry :

Category: Firewall
Date                 User    Message
6/28/2005 1:53:10 PM,Michael,"Rule ""Block Windows File Sharing"" stealthed
Details:
(MY-MACHINE(nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn),netbios-ssn(139)).","Rule ""Block Windows File
Sharing"" stealthed
(MY-MACHINE(nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn),netbios-ssn(139)).  Inbound TCP connection
Local address,service is
(MY-MACHINE(nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn),netbios-ssn(139))  Remote address,service is
(MY-MACHINE(nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn),1148)
Process name is ""System"""

The nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is the address of my router.

Modifying just this rule now allows me to print.

Also, the log shows that it is  "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe" that
accesses the network.

Thanks again for the help guys.  If the whole world were as helpful as this
list imagine what we could achieve.

Michael

Michael Flynn
408.358.4041  home