RE: [h-e-w] Re: Patch to fix frame positioning with negative top/leftval

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Re: Patch to fix frame positioning with negative top/leftvalues on Windows
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:16:45 -0700

    > I should have said what the symptom of the malfunction is that, on
    > Windows, when you evaluate this Elisp code:
    >
    >   (make-frame '((top . -1) (left . -1)))
    >
    > the new frame will not be positioned with its bottom-right
    corner in the
    > bottom-right of the display.

    I think that will break display on multiple monitors, where the second
    monitor is to the left or above the main monitor. We have already had
    bug reports about the mouse wheel not working in such a configuration,
    so people do use it.

I don't understand your reply, sorry. Are you saying that Francis's bug fix
will break "..." or that the reported bug (symptom quoted above) will break
"..."? Are you saying we shouldn't try to fix this bug because that might
break something else?

This bug exists. I don't know if Francis's fix fixes it 100% or whether his
fix might break something else, but the bug is real.

Again, sorry if I'm misunderstanding.