[h-e-w] Re: w32-shell-execute for IE?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: w32-shell-execute for IE?
Date: 15 Aug 2005 12:36:54 +0200

"David J. Biesack" <address@hidden> writes:

> (defvar win32-internet-explorer "C:\\Program Files\\Internet
> Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE"
>   "*Location of Internet Explorer")

>   (start-process "Internet Explorer" nil win32-internet-explorer url))
>
> but I'd like to know if there is a shell command to open a URL (via DDE) if
> IE is already running, that is, is there something like
>
>     (w32-shell-execute "open-in-ie" url)

I guess

 (w32-shell-execute "open" "iexplore" url)

isn't what you want, right?

When you say "if IE is already running", is that because you wan to
reuse the IE-window? The reason I ask is that there is a setting in IE
that tells it whether to open in a new window or try to reuse existing
ones (I have turned that feature off because I find it very annoying
that some URLs "take over" my open pages).

/Mathias