Fwd: [h-e-w] Installing emacs

From: Richard M. Heiberger
Subject: Fwd: [h-e-w] Installing emacs
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:39:29 -0400

Power archiver probably did the wrong thing.  My guess is it did the gunzip
only and left you with a tar file.   It really is better to use gunzip and tar
from the command line rather than attempting to use the windows tools.

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gzip/gzip-1.2.4.msdos.exe
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/tar/tar-1.12.msdos.exe

Rich