Re: [h-e-w] Tramp and Ntemacs [was: Ange-ftp stalls intermitently]

From: Robert Praetorius
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Tramp and Ntemacs [was: Ange-ftp stalls intermitently]
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:46:01 -0400

> > I found this post: http://tinyurl.com/damqf in which Tom Roche
> > claims to have it working, however the detailed instructions (on his
> > home page) are inaccessible:
> > http://www4.ncsu.edu/~tlroche/plinkTramp.html

>      I've not messed with TRAMP, but you can find old copies of this
> page at
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www4.ncsu.edu/~tlroche/plinkTramp.html

on the chance that the following is not why the conversation died down
(and for posterity, on the chance that some of them search these
archives before doing a broader search):

http://www.google.com/search?q=tramp+cygwin+OR+%22nt+emacs%22

turns up gobs of hits and only about .1% of them are in help-emacs-
windows archives.  So, in spite of Tramp being distinctly germane to
help-emacs-windows, answers are probably best found elsewhere.