RE: [h-e-w] Tramp and Ntemacs [was: Ange-ftp stalls intermitently]

From: Horsley, Tom
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Tramp and Ntemacs [was: Ange-ftp stalls intermitently]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:38:49 -0400

>In the meantime if anyone can report success with NTemacs & Tramp then
>I'd be keen to hear about it.

I had a little success (I seem to recall it wasn't too difficult to use
plink instead of ssh on windows), but my big problem was the fundamental
flaws in tramp itself. It tries to do wayyy too many exotic things with
shell scripts it pushes over to the remote side, and any system that
differs even a little bit in subtle pieces of shell implementation
falls over dead. If you are only trying to get to linux systems,
it may be OK (or maybe it has improved over the years
since my last impression of it).