[h-e-w] search for hex character

From: Morgan V. Cundiff
Subject: [h-e-w] search for hex character
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:23:42 -0400 (EDT)

Can someone tell me how to search for hex character in emacs? I am editing
xml files and using Saxon to run xslt transformations.

Saxon occasionally reports an error like this:

Error at byte 13070 of file:/C:/projects/DHc2xml/dhc_fa/v1out/astruc.sgm:
     [java]   Error reported by XML parser: invalid UTF-8 byte (check the
XML declaration) (code: 0xfc)

When I goto-char 13070 I do not see anything amiss in the vicinity (I do
know that Saxon does not stop on the exact character in  this situation.

So- my question is:

How do search for hex character 0xfc in emacs?

thanks,

Morgan Cundiff