RE: [h-e-w] Problem with Grep on GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (on windows)

From: vincent
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Problem with Grep on GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (on windows)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:23:58 +0100

Armin Matthießen
address@hidden wrote:

>Where can i find a precomiled version of GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 ?

I recommend Learning GNU Emacs 3rd Edition Cameron et al - O'Reilly Press,
which is where I found out about this precompilation based on the source
code of the Emacs current development version.
To answer the question:
1. precompiled gnu emacs for windows from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nqmacs
2. a version of ispell which works with it at
http://examples.oreilly.com/gnu3/ispell.zip
NB: put the hash file in your HOME directory (same place as _emacs or
.emacs), and ispell.exe in your emacs/bin directory
3. Grep, Findutils, Diffutils and anything else you want to add are at
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html (not sure how I stumbled over
that gem - no need for cygwin!)

>Thanks for your help.

No problem - first time I've been able to answer ratehr than ask a question
since I made the fatal mistake of inserting a suse9.1 installation disk
about 9 months ago :-)

Armin

Armin Matthießen
address@hidden