Re: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:04:13 +0000

Michael Albinus wrote:

Thank you for the explanation. So I can state finally in the Tramp
documentation, that it does not run with Cygwin's OpenSSH from a
native Emacs. Up to now, it was only a guess.
I've never heard of anyone that was successful. A possible workaround might be to use Cygwin bash as an intermediary, since we know that bash works under Emacs and ssh works under bash. It does not automatically follow that ssh will work if bash is inserted in between, but the possibility is there and I am not sure if anyone has tried it.