Re: [h-e-w] [Emacs32] Install Wizard

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] [Emacs32] Install Wizard
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:52:55 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:
"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

However, different users will want different values here.

I agree, but %HOME% or %USERPROFILE%\My Documents are probably good
defaults (the former may be difficult to figure out correctly if the
environment variable is not set).

Since Emacs could be started in many different ways I would rather suggest that Emacs by default set the default directory to %HOME% (or the corresponding) on different platforms.