Re: [h-e-w] GNU-SECURE is void

From: Guy Gascoigne - Piggford
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] GNU-SECURE is void
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:57:06 -0700

I'm rather puzzled where that error is actually coming from.  The lisp
doesn't refer to that variable at all, and the C code just does a
getenv() on it.

That said:

the GNU_SECURE variable should be the path name of a file.  That file
should contain a list of hostnames, one per line.  Note that this isn't
like a hosts file, it's not hostname and ip addresses, it's just one or
the other.  It provides a list of names that can then be resolved to
addresses and then compared with incoming request sources to validate a
connection.  From your description it sounds like the format might be
wrong so I'd suggest that you start there.

Guy