[h-e-w] RE: C-x C-f *.txt RET (WAS: how to close all buffers at once?)

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [h-e-w] RE: C-x C-f *.txt RET (WAS: how to close all buffers at once?)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:33:21 -0400

Well, whadda ya know!  It's case-sensitive!

C-x C-f *.txt RET creates the buffer *.txt.
C-x C-f *.TXT RET opens all TXT files.

If the CWD has a mixture of *.TXT and *.txt files,
C-x C-f *.TXT RET opens all TXT files., ignoring txt files.

I'm surprised the Windows implementation of Emacs doesn't
ignore the case of file names.

I cannot find a variable or function that might change this
behavior.  Have I missed something?

(One final comment, an apology, really.  Due to my employer's
spam filter, e-mail messages from "unknown senders" will be
rejected unless the subject contains "[h-e-w]".  So if you
tried to reply and got an NDR, I'm sorry.)