Re: AW: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: AW: [h-e-w] EmacsW32, gnuserv, pathes in .emacs
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:22:19 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
hello lennart,
thanks and you are right, it works all out of the box. my fault was that i
installed the whole emacs/emacsw32-package as normal user and not as
administrator. in this case the installation wizard skips the step with the
file associations without any warning and i made some mistakes arrange the file
associations by foot.
I will have a look of why the file association step is skipped. That must be some mistake.

also all files open by default in one frame so i could be content. but my last
question was, because i wasted so much time with this problem and i think it
will be not the last, exists there any list of all cusomize-options (internet,
book,...) with short descriptions, for example to find the option
gnuserv-reuseframe. the option menu is not very clear for me.
christian
Thanks, I will try to clarify that in the next version of EmacsW32. I will add a new customization group so that you can find it while browsing the customization groups. It will be under

  Emacs - External - Gnuserv

I have also added this group to the EmacsW32 customization group. This particular group can be found through the menus under "Options - Customize EmacsW32". There is a button there saying "Customize EmacsW32 ...".