Re: [h-e-w] Merging Win32 documentation with Emacs main docs

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Merging Win32 documentation with Emacs main docs
Date: 15 Jul 2006 13:04:09 -0500

On Saturday, July 15, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: David Vanderschel <address@hidden>
>> The Wiki cannot link to _my_ copies of the manual or the FAQ.  It
>> could only reference my copies by node name.  That would not be very
>> elegant for the Wiki.

>I don't see any inelegance here.  Care to explain?

In my browser, I cannot click on a link from the Wiki
because the Wiki site does not have a locator for my
copy and my copy is not going to be HTML anyway.
References from the Wiki to an HTML copy can bring up
the intended subsection of the manual or FAQ directly
in my browser.  (As I mentioned, the HTML for the
manual has a high density of named anchor tags to
facilitate links that point to the relevant material
with minimal offset in the document.)

The explanation I have provided is so obvious that I
think there must be some other point of confusion
here, but I am unable to infer what it is.

Regards,
  David V.