[h-e-w] Re: Merging Win32 documentation with Emacs main docs

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Merging Win32 documentation with Emacs main docs
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:56:37 +0200

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway a consequence of this is that the information on the wiki
> sometimes tend to be forgotten and aged.

I am not a newbie so maybe I should not comment on this, but I take
everything on the wiki with a grain of salt. If something works for
me, good. If not, I might just ignore it or I might add a comment
about it on the wiki page. Maybe sometimes will answer and give me a
solution for a fix? Maybe not. For me, if I find something useful on
the wiki, good. End of story.

I do not think that we should try to "merge" or whatever Emacs
standard documentation and the wiki. Just use it for what it is, a
loose collection of tips and tricks about using Emacs in various
forms. Let's make Emacs' standard documentation as good as
possible. If someone writes something on the wiki that would make a
good fit in the Emacs manual, I am sure everyone would accept it.