[h-e-w] Re: Autocomplete in tramp is no longer working in version Emacs-

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Autocomplete in tramp is no longer working in version Emacs-22-CvsP060625-EmacsW32-1.06
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 02:56:08 -0400

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:04:51 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> In order to get autocompletion back, we would need a more clean way
> how to handle drive letters in file names (or maybe just I would need
> a better understanding of such Windows interna). For the time being,
> I'ld like to put it to the todo list, because the Emacs maintainers
> are very busy in preparing the 22.1 release.

I think it will be very bad if Emacs 22.1 will not support
autocompletion on Windows, because autocompletion is such a
fundamental Emacs feature.

What do you need to understand to fix this?  It should be fairly easy
to get this right, as Emacs should already have the necessary
infrastructure in place (we deal with such problems in quite a few
places already, I think).