Re: [h-e-w] Overlays, font change on text change, and NTemacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Overlays, font change on text change, and NTemacs
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:57:38 +0100

C Y wrote:
On Linux, this works as expected - deleting,
inserting, what have you all turn the expression red.  On Windows,
however, inserting a new character into this overlay only turns the
inserted letter red - I have to delete something to have the whole
expression turn red.  (The exception is at the beginning - if I insert
a character at the beginning of the expression, everything turns red.)
I have never seen a difference between the w32 version and other platforms where overlays are involved. Are you testing the same version of Emacs on both platforms? Or have you only tested xemacs on GNU/Linux?