Re: [h-e-w] Overlays, font change on text change, and NTemacs

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Overlays, font change on text change, and NTemacs
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have never seen a difference between the w32 version and other
> platforms where overlays are involved. Are you testing the same
> version of Emacs on both platforms?

I doubt it. I'm using the old 2004 binary on Windows, and the latest on
Linux (21.3 vs 21.4, I think).

Curiously enough, when I minimize another window or any such activity
the whole overlay turns red without any further interaction on my part.

The new 22.x version still shows this behavior - it is not all red
until I minimize and restore the Emacs window, after which it is
completely red.  Before that, only the new character is red.

> Or have you only tested xemacs on GNU/Linux?

Haven't tested Xemacs on either platform.

CY