Re: [h-e-w] expand-file-name leaves forward slashes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] expand-file-name leaves forward slashes
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:16:35 +0300

> From: Stephen Leake <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:36:52 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > The function you are looking for is `convert-standard-filename'.
>
> Yes, that does seem to be what I want. Thanks.
>
> I'll see if I can convince ada-mode to use it when it when it needs to :).

Btw, I don't really understand what's wrong with c:/foo/bar style of
file names that ada-mode needs to mirror the slashes.  Can you
explain?  I'm afraid you will hit lots of problems if you use
backslash-style absolute file names in Emacs.  (That is the reason why
Emacs sets directory-sep-char to `/' in the first place.)