[h-e-w] Re: Fullscreen on Windows?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Fullscreen on Windows?
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:08:31 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:21:37 +0200
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
Cc: help-emacs-windows <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Johnston Jiaa wrote:
I am currently running GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 on Windows. Is there any way to get it to run fullscreen? Thanks in advance.

First of all, please ask questions that are specific to MS Windows on the help-emacs-windows list. I am cc-ing my answer to that list.

There has been a decision that Emacs 22 (it is not yet released) should not support maximized windows.

??? Really?  It works for me if I invoke Emacs with the --fullscreen
command-line option.

That window (Emacs frame) is not maximized. If you look at the bottom of the screen there might be a few pixels missing. And you can move the window. You can not do that with a maximized window.

Please see the archive on the devel list for the discussion of this. I think I sent a patch for it too. (But that is a bit incomplete.)