[h-e-w] Postcript printing help

From: Michael Flynn
Subject: [h-e-w] Postcript printing help
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:14:41 -0700

Hi All,
I rebuilt my computer and carelessly lost my .emacs.
I installed emacs 23.1.1 ; it works just fine.

In my .emacs I have only these two lines:

(setq printer-name "//avalon/OffcLsr")
(setq ps-printer-name "//avalon/OffcLsr")

The buffer I am trying to print is just aa few oines of ASCII.

If I execute print-buffer it works and goes to the correct printer.

When I use ps-print-buffer it goes to the correct printer but it
prints as though one had inadvertently sent a random binary file (i.e.
not postscript file) to the printer, that is a dozens of pages with
just a few  characters on the top couple of lines.

Other applications print just fine: WORD, Adobe, etc.

I do not remember having to do anythign special beyond settinfg the
name of the printer previously - but then my memory is not what it
used to be.

Thanks for any help.

--
Michael Flynn