[h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:32:17 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've never had trouble with the Alt key on Emacs. Perhaps I expect
> less from my Alt key that you do from yours :-)

Well, in Emacs, using Alt for accessing the menus (which I think is
what Lennart used it for) is not really necessary as you can always
bind a command to any key you want. But in other Windows apps, using
the Alt key is often a workaround for situations where there are no
keyboard shortcuts provided. For example, by using Alt + Space you can
access the window menu in all apps (apart from Emacs of course :) and
from there with a single key maximize or minimize or move or whatever.

For me, Emacs "stealing" the Alt key has never been a problem, I find
that Alt+x (M-x) makes up for that, and more.

/Mathias