[h-e-w] registry settings for python

From: Ryan Krauss
Subject: [h-e-w] registry settings for python
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:50:24 -0600

I would like python and latex files to use their own icons in windows
explorer, but to default to opening with emacs.  Right now, .py is a
Python.File in the registry, and the open command for Python.File is
C:\Program Files\Emacs\Emacs\bin\emacsclientw.exe -n "%1"

This almost works.  The file opens correctly, but windows initally
pops up a warning message that the file cannot be found.

How can I set the registry so that this error goes away?

Thanks,

Ryan