RE: [h-e-w] no C-spc

From: Stephen F. Heffner
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] no C-spc
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:49:04 -0700

John Dallman wrote:

> ... Windows NT/2000/XP are "real" operating systems in that
> they protect the hardware against interference by programs.

Maybe so, but they're "unreal" in that they allow an application
to clobber another application or even the OS itself.  No self-
respecting OS allows that.  And don't get me started on the
Registry...

Sorry, couldn't let that one go by.  My 2c worth...

Stephen F. Heffner, President        | Phone:  +1(480)626-5503
         ------------                | Fax:    +1(480)626-7618
Pennington Systems Incorporated      | Email:  address@hidden
8655 East Via de Ventura, Suite G200 | Web:    http://WWW.Pennington.com
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258 USA        | XTRAN:  A software engineering meta-tool