Re: [h-e-w] UK date format in Dired

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] UK date format in Dired
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:26:52 +0200

> Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:04:57 +0000
> From: "Graham Smith" <address@hidden>
>
> I can see the merits of having the dates align, and while I may come back to
> this at a later date, I can see from reading your instructions that trying
> this now, will result in even more questions from me.

I tried to show the exact commands to put into your .emacs, precisely
so that you could use them without any additional questions.  It
sounds like I failed.

Anyway, I now added an option to ls-lisp that can be used to force
display of date/time using the localized format.  There's a new
variable ls-lisp-use-localized-time-format; if you set it to a non-nil
value, Emacs will be forced to use locale-specific date/time format.

If you don't compile Emacs yourself, you will have to wait for the
next binary distribution, though.

> When originally asking the question I had assumed a simple answer.

Well, I hope setting a single variable is such a simple answer.