[h-e-w] Clearcase and desktop problem on XP

From: Andy . Ling
Subject: [h-e-w] Clearcase and desktop problem on XP
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:42:03 +0100

I am using emacs 21.3 and have just recently moved from Win2K to XP.

Since moving to XP there appears to be an incompatibility between
clearcase.el
and desktop. They used to work fine on Win2K.

I have cut down my .emacs so it says :-

(load "clearcase")
(define-key clearcase-prefix-map "=" 'clearcase-ediff-pred-current-buffer)

(desktop-load-default)
(desktop-read)
(add-hook 'kill-emacs-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (desktop-truncate search-ring 3)
             (desktop-truncate regexp-search-ring 3)))

and I am running emacs with the --no-site-file option. When I start emacs
something goes into a tight loop
and consumes 100% of the CPU. If I do a list-processes it shows :-

Proc         Status   Buffer         Tty         Command
----         ------   ------         ---         -------
lsregion     run      (Killed)       (none)      cleartool lsregion -long

If I remove the desktop stuff from the .emacs file then it loads quite
happily and all the clearcase
integration works correctly.

Anyone got any ideas what is going wrong and what I need to do to fix it.

TIA

Andy Ling

--
This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not