Re: [h-e-w] w32: dired displays wrong filesize

From: Maier, Harald
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] w32: dired displays wrong filesize
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:34:45 +0200

Eli Zaretskii Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:33:37 -0700

>> From: "Maier, Harald" <address@hidden>

>> It looks that filesizes greater max integer are not displayed
>> correctly. This bug happens only on the W32 platform.

> Windows uses ls-lisp.el, but I think it works with floats, not
> integers.  Can you please step inside ls-lisp.el with a Lisp debugger
> and tell where does the size overflow there?

(directory-files-and-attributes ...) returns the wrong size. If I look
into the C-Code then it appears that the problem is in the function
"directory_files_internal" in dired.c. There "...nbytes" and "len"
variables are only a integers. Unfortunately I am not able to debug
C-Sources.

Harald