Re: [h-e-w] pb with the use of Merge

From: Nat Goodspeed
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] pb with the use of Merge
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 17:32:01 -0400

At 05:23 PM 5/5/2007, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>    For me, the clincher is cygwin's X server.

Then why do you use the native Windows port of Emacs?  The Cygwin port
is a faithful emulation of Emacs compiled with the X toolkit, and will
avoid any problems with Cygwin vs native executables.

Perhaps I should try that, thanks. My use of NT emacs dates back well before I adopted cygwin.

> When I run my remote emacs in a cygwin X window,
> though, it's nearly as powerful as my local NT emacs.

Why ``nearly''? what is missing?

  The point below.

> C-M-F10 seems to get eaten

I'm guessing that this is a problem with the X server, not with Emacs.

  Oh, absolutely! I intended no slur on emacs.
My intention in even bringing it up was to note that, since that's the only glitch I observe, running remote emacs under cygwin's X server works very well indeed.