Re: [h-e-w] Configuring for Unix colors

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Configuring for Unix colors
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:52:50 +0200

Stephen Leake wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Unfortunately color-theme.el brakes things because it does

    (require 'cl)

instead of the correct

    (eval-when-compile (require 'cl))

That just means all of cl is loaded at run time, rather than just at
compile time.
I understand the convention is that if the code is only using cl
macros, and not cl functions, it should use the latter construct.

Using the former construct may be inefficient, but why do you say it
is "broken"?

Please see here

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/elisp/html_node/Coding-Conventions.html

In my case I noticed that Emacs started to behave weird in some cases after loading color-themes.el.