[h-e-w] Re: syntax highlighting and remote editing (not what you think)

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: syntax highlighting and remote editing (not what you think)
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:18:29 -0400

Eric S. Johansson wrote:
as is pointed out to me privately, I didn't make my questions accessible and
they might not be appropriate for this mailing list.  I apologize for writing
e-mail way too late in the evening and I'm going to try again with hopefully more focused comments and questions.

as I said in my original e-mail, I'm trying to figure out how to edit a markup
language from a web framework.   there are a bunch of options, they all suck in
different ways, but still, the best one I've heard yet is to somehow get the
browser to pretend it's an editor with a text area and use the text area editing
tool others have suggested.

a new question that arose when I was thinking about text areas was that it would be nice if there was some way to edit Thunderbird messages using Emacs using the client/server model. This is because I use a speech recognition extension for Emacs and it would make my life easier to not have multiple sessions to the mediator.

again I apologize for rambling so much before and I appreciate the help I've
gotten.

---eric