[h-e-w] Re: Emacs 22.1 $HOME

From: Shanks N
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs 22.1 $HOME
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:57:38 +0530

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Shanks N wrote:
>> Is there a way to make Emacs-22.1 use the old behaviour of looking at
>> c:/ generally when nothing is specified as HOME instead of the current
>> <user>/Application Data?
>>
> If c:\.emacs exists, and $APPDATA\.emacs does not, then Emacs will
> default to using C:\ for HOME.
>
> Alternatively, you could set HOME explicitly if you need it to be a
> specific value.

I think there is a small bug.  If there is no .Emacs or _Emacs in App
Data/ folder and there is a _Emacs file in C:\, then Emacs 22.1 does
not read the _Emacs file.

If I rename the _Emacs to .Emacs, then everything works fine;exactly
as you said.

In C:\, Emacs is looking *exactly* for .Emacs and not (_Emacs||.Emacs)
when there is no init file (_emacs||.Emacs) in App Data/

Can someone reproduce the bug?

regards,
Shanks