[h-e-w] about multi language input

From: winterTTr
Subject: [h-e-w] about multi language input
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:11:56 -0700 (PDT)

I am using emacs on windows recently , but i found a problem which bother me
a lot.
For the reason of work , i must work with multi language enviroment , which
means that i have to input multi language ( such as , chinese , japanese ,
and english ) during my work.

But i found that , mutli language input has a "serious" problem with emacs
on windows.

Emacs Version: GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
OS               : Windows XP ( japanese version )

when i
( set-keyboard-coding-system 'cp932 )  ;; meas japanese coding
or use the default setting , the input of japanese is ok

but , when i
( set-keyboard-coding-system 'cp936)  ;; means chinese coding
the input of chinese character is always to be "??"

and I'm sure that the this is not the problem of font.

Did anyone have the some problem , and how can i deal with it ?