[h-e-w] Re: about multi language input

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: about multi language input
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 01:44:40 +0800

*On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:36:01 +0800
* "王冬" <address@hidden> climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:

> Thanks a lot.
>
> OK , now i can see that it is the problem of Windows(maybe) ^_^

I dont think so. I used Emacs under Windows for long time, and I use
Windows input methods for Chinese. I see no obstacles to use system
input methods for Emacs in at least three OSes - M$ Windoze (xp),
GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) and MacOSX.

> And i need not to find way to solve this problem  because i just can't be
> dealed "now"
>
> On 6/21/07, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     王冬 wrote:
>     > 3x to your suggestion.
>     >
>     > But although the inner input method maybe is good at inputing japanese
>     > , but the inputing of chinese is so unconvenient that it can't input
>     > the chinese character rapidly enough.
>     > I am using Google Pinyin to input chinese now .
>     >
>     > And i think there must be some problem on my emacs setting , and  i
>     > just want to find it , but not to get help by changing input method.
Obviously the problem lies in your .emacs. I dont have my .emacs setting
any more (since I adieued Windoze for 3 years). Vaguely I remember you
need add two setting to your .emacs as below:
,----
| (set-language-environment 'Chinese-GB)
| (set-keyboard-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
`----
(if you use GB2312).