Re: [h-e-w] Emacs crashing when using "open file ..." and looking in the

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs crashing when using "open file ..." and looking in the Desktop after already doing that
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:50:44 +0100

> On 6/28/07, Marc A. Holloway <address@hidden> wrote:
>> At this stage, hovering over any text file, at around the time the
>> tooltip
>> normally would appear giving the file type, date modified and size,
>> emacs
>> crashes.

For me, not every file will trigger this. It seems to be files that are
partly off the right of the dialog, but I'm not even sure about that
triggers it every time.

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> I can repeat it with the latest CVS.

I can repeat it with Notepad. I think this is a Windows bug, not an
Emacs one. When it crashes it is inside a thread created by the dialog
itself, and everything appears to be normal in the Emacs threads.