Re: [h-e-w] cygwin bash -i from *shell* yields "command not found"? (Lin

From: Michael Campbell
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cygwin bash -i from *shell* yields "command not found"? (Line ending issue?)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 07:17:34 -0500

On Dec 5, 2007 8:19 PM, Richard M. Heiberger <address@hidden> wrote:
> This might be the problem.
> I get a different message when I accidentally use dos line endings
> instead of the correct unix endings.  This restores unix line endings.
>

> (set-buffer-process-coding-system 'undecided-unix 'undecided-unix)

Richard and I discussed this a bit offline, but wanted to send
something to the list for archival use.  What he noted up there does
work fine for me.  I put that command (sexpr?) in my shell-mode-hook
so it'll always be there, and so far so good.  Thanks again.

(defun my-shell-setup ()
  ""
  (set-buffer-process-coding-system 'undecided-unix 'undecided-unix)
  )

(setq shell-mode-hook 'my-shell-setup)

(As an aside, is setq any better or worse than add-hook, other than
the possibility of overwriting existing hook calls?)