Re: [h-e-w] Want a hybrid of traditional Emacs and EmacsW32

From: Eli Daniel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Want a hybrid of traditional Emacs and EmacsW32
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:57:31 -0400

Hi Mark.

I think I have exactly the setup you're asking for.  I am using the official emacs 22 binaries for windows from gnu.org, along with gnuclient/gnuserv.  I recently tried "upgrading" to the built-in emacsclient/emacsserver, and ran into a bunch of issues, so I went back.

I think the version of gnuclient/gnuserv I'm using came from http://www.wyrdrune.com/Files/gnuserv.zip.  The configuration is exactly the same as it's been for ages.  No changes for emacs 22, certainly, and probably the same since 19.x, though I don't remember for sure.

HTH.
Eli Daniel