Re: Re: [h-e-w] Display the cjk ext b characters using precompiled ntema

From: hongyi.zhao
Subject: Re: Re: [h-e-w] Display the cjk ext b characters using precompiled ntemacs23-bin-20070819.
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:43:19 +0800

>Jason Rumney wrote:
>
>> The problem does not seem to be one of display, but one of encoding.
>> "\360\240\200?" is not a valid UTF-8 sequence, and no other encoding I
>> am aware of has 3 byte characters.
>
>If I change the final ? above to \277 (C-q 277 RET), then revert the
>file using utf-8 (C-x RET r utf-8 RET), then I get the attached
>character displaying. Is this the character you expected?

You're right, I've found that the character have been compromised perhaps due
to conversion it by using some other editors.

In fact, the character should be displayed like the attached I post to you now,
this is the display result by Emacs-23-CvsU080726-EmacsW32-1.58 from
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html.

Please check it.  Thanks again.

Sincerely yours,
Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Science
2008-07-27