[h-e-w] Re: nxhtml and php short tags

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: nxhtml and php short tags
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:21:26 +0200

Stefan Daschek wrote:
Hi Lennart,

is it possible to use nXhtml with php code containing short open tags? I.e.:

        instead of
<?php $foo=1 ?>, <?php echo "bla" ?>

Yes, it is possible.

As far as I understand nxml-mode always complains «Processing instruction does not start with a name». This is of course correct from its point of view, but I personally strongly prefer the short form (especially <?= instead of <?php echo).

When using the multi major modes from nXhtml you do not have these constraints.

I do not remember when I added short tags, but please try the latest beta and see how that works for you. (I will release it as the next version of nXhtml very soon.)