Re: [h-e-w] 23.0.60; cygwin1.dll dependency

From: Jeff Paquette
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] 23.0.60; cygwin1.dll dependency
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:25:44 -0400

You can get a great depends tool at http://www.dependencywalker.com/

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:49:26 +0200
> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
> CC: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>,
>  Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>
> Now I wonder what to do with the image libraries. This problem is of
> course not only a problem for Emacs+EmacsW32. The same thing that
> happened here could happen to anyone using Emacs on ms windows.
>
> Eli, do you have any suggestion? Who knows more about the image libraries?

My only suggestion is not to mix Cygwin and non-Cygwin executables.
Segregate them by preparing 2 scripts, on each for switching to each
of the two environments, and run the right one before using the first
executable from a different environment.

> And another question: Where can I get depends.exe that you mention, Stephan?

It's part of the MS Support Tools package, which you can download from
the MS site.