Re: [h-e-w] Cursor changed back to bar...suspect voodoo

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Cursor changed back to bar...suspect voodoo
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:49:14 +0800

Sarir Khamsi wrote:
I'm trying to change my cursor back to a box and don't seem to have
much luck. Even when typing "emacs -Q" I still get a vertical bar
(where I think the default is a box). I'm running GNU Emacs 22.2.1 on
WinXP/SP 2. The Cygwin Emacs seems to be fine. Any ideas?

Do you have screen reading software running? Assistive software needs the standard Windows caret to assist it in finding the position on screen you are looking at, so Emacs uses the system caret by default when it detects that such software is running.