[h-e-w] The Emacs 23 cann't display the cjk extb characters again.

From: hongyi . zhao
Subject: [h-e-w] The Emacs 23 cann't display the cjk extb characters again.
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:17:05 +0800

Dear all,

Now, I updated the Emacs 23 to 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-10-03
on LENNART-69DE564, then I find that I cann't see the correct cjk extb
characters displayed by this version.  For example, the Chinese character
uni20021, a character of cjk extb, which can be displayed correctly by using
the previous versions by LENNART, cann't be displayed correctly now.  In
addition, I can display that character on my box with emeditor, denoting that
I've the corresponding fonts installed correctly.  Finally, I've use the
following settings in my _emacas file which is suggested by Kenichi Handa:

--------------
(if (display-graphic-p)
(set-fontset-font
 (frame-parameter nil 'font)
 '(#x20000 . #x2fa1d)
 '("*-Sun-ExtB" . "unicode-sip")))

Please find the snapshot of this issue in the attachments.

Regards,
--
Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry