Re: [h-e-w] useing gdba in Emacs-23-CvsP080909-EmacsW32-1.58

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] useing gdba in Emacs-23-CvsP080909-EmacsW32-1.58
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:26:35 +0200

> Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:04:39 +0800
> From: "LH" <address@hidden>
>
>    I installed Emacs-23-CvsP080909-EmacsW32-1.58 in my Windows XP, and Cygwn
> with GDB. When I try gdba in emacs(gdb --annotate=3  xxx.exe), only gdb
> command frame is shown. I can display other window from menu item, but source
> file can not be found automaticaly. And, When I set breakpoint, no bp mark
> shows in source window, it seems EmacsW32 can not find the source file even I
> open it in source window. I tried older version but it seems has problem also.

I think these are signs of basic incompatibilities between Cygwin and
native Windows programs: Emacs runs GDB connected to a native Windows
pipe, but the Cygwin-compiled GDB expects a Cygwin pipe, which
emulates Posix functionality more closely.

If you are debugging Cygwin programs, I suggest to install a Cygwin
Emacs.  If you are debugging MinGW programs, install a MinGW port of
GDB (available from the MinGW site).

>    But the original EMACS does not has this problem.

What is "the original Emacs", and how it differs from Emacs 23?