Re: [h-e-w] How to full pathname in modeline

From: robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] How to full pathname in modeline
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 13:33:54 -0500

 The following code works for me. However, I don't use it
See below:

;; set mode line to show full path of current file
(setq-default mode-line-format
   (list '((buffer-file-name " %f"
              (dired-directory
               dired-directory
                (revert-buffer-function " %b"
               ("%b - Dir:  " default-directory)))))))

 Showing the full path in the mode line is too cluttered for me.
I prefer to show it in the title bar:

;; format title bar to show full path of current file
(setq-default frame-title-format
   (list '((buffer-file-name " %f"
             (dired-directory
              dired-directory