[h-e-w] have problem using emacs

From: ponamgis
Subject: [h-e-w] have problem using emacs
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 11:52:47 -0500

Hello,

I installed Cygwin and later emacs (the extensible, customizable...) and emacs-X11(X11 binaries for Emacs).  There were no error messages during installation.

When I type emacs in the shell window nothing happens and the return code from echo $? is 53.

Other than the above, I tried setting & exporting Display and invoking startx first and then emacs in the background.  Still nothing.

Can get some help in using emacs?

thanks,

S. Rao Ponamgi