Re: [h-e-w] Newbie - initial config

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Newbie - initial config
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:08:08 +0800

Tomas Valusek wrote:
I'm visually impaired, but don't use screenreaders nor "heavy-duty" magnifiers yet, I prefer to rely on features provided by apps.

3. In Appendix G.9, I've found a useful tip to use system caret instead of default Emacs cursor. Since there's no .emacs file on my system yet, I don't know how to apply this change.

The system caret helps when you ARE using a screenreader or magnifier, and it should be used automatically in that case, as screenreader software relies on it to track where on the screen you are looking at. If you are not using a screenreader, then Emacs's built in cursor is customizable, so you can make it as visible or unobtrusive as you need. The system caret is always a blinking thin black bar.