RE: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 renames buffers with old Windows shortened filename

From: Gayard, Leonel
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 renames buffers with old Windows shortened filenames.
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:57:10 +0200

That solved it.

Thanks a lot.

Leonel Aguilar Gayard

GFT Iberia Solutions
Sorocaba, São Paulo - Brazil

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hotchin [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Fri 22-May-09 00:44
To: Gayard, Leonel
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 renames buffers with old Windows shortened
filenames.

I suspect something like this might be the problem:
QUOTE
%L is long file names.

%1 is long file names IF

* Explorer can find the exe file (it does not look very hard)

AND

* The file header says it is Win 95 aware Win16 exe, or

* It is a 32 bit program

Else %1 will be a short name.

ENDQUOTE
(http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:OZ4PxlXS9zUJ:www.eggheadcafe.com/forum
archives/Windows2000cmdpromptadmin/Sep2005/post23540199.asp+ftype+short+file
+name&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk)

So, this is probably not an EMACS problem, but rather a problem with the
file association, or with a helper problem used to invoke EMACS.

So, try replacing '%1' in 'ftype txtfile' with '%L'.

        Michael H.