Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs from CVS

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs from CVS
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:38:10 +0200

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Jason Rumney<address@hidden> wrote:

> In the first case, you appear to be missing gcc iteself, or perhaps an
> essential DLL it requires (read the list prerequisites on the MinGW site -
> or reinstall from gcc-full-4.4.0-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma, which should contain
> all the dependencies).  In the second case, you are missing the assembler,
> which is part of GNU binutils and is a prerequisite for gcc.

I think the instructions for downloading the compiler is a bit hard to
find on http://mingw.org/. Maybe the instructions on this page are
those to recommend:

  http://www.mingw.org/wiki/HOWTO_Install_the_MinGW_GCC_Compiler_Suite

That page says there is an installer which they recommend for a
beginner. Has anyone tried that?