Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs from CVS

From: Konstantin
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs from CVS
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 05:06:53 +0400

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 02:38:32 +0200
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hm, I see. Why don't you download the already built Emacs for windows
> then? Or do you especially want to try to build it?

Well, yes I want  to try to build it.
I have two reasons for it:

1. It's fun.

2. It's long story... I cleared up, that pached version of emacs
have less cpu loading on scrolling, but it is rather bigger,
then all known (by me) other editors. The bug report of it
(if it is intresting):

http://www.nabble.com/Bug-report:-Hight-CPU-loading-on-scrolling-td19825303.html
(Two misprints are there: RAM 1024Gb ... RAM 633Gb - not Gb, but Mb, of course)

So, the key is to search for solution in the C-code.

May be, something will changed, if emacs will be builded on OS
with default codepage cp1251.

--
Konstantin <address@hidden>