Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Cygwin setup in Vista help

From: rpd
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Cygwin setup in Vista help
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:51:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lennart (& John P jr)

Thanks for your helpful replies.

I added the path to cygwin bin to Vista path & dl & added w32shell.el to my
.emacs.
This somehow seems to have worked & I can now open cygwin shell & window
shell (with either M-x cygwin-shell or m-x shell accordingly).

Perhaps the docs for this Cygwin on EmacsW32 could be a bit more expansive
and clearer (but setting up Emacs on Windows isn't so straightforward).
However many thanks Lennart for all your efforts to make it easier to
integrate Emacs& Windows.

Btw I used gcc to compile c code in cygwin and I noticed emacs c menu
compile gives 'make -k' command which I need to investigate! The joys of
computing!

Thanks & regards